Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jetplane, Don't know When I'll be Back Again...

In 6 hrs I will be on my way to the airport - my stay in Nepal for this time is coming to an end. It's been such a wonderful, exciting and beautiful visit - and I'm sure I will be back again. I just don't know when... (I have already been invited to all my host siblings weddings - 4 in total! :)
I spent one more night with the host family and returned yesterday. It was awful to say goodbye; it really hurts. And this sad feeling of parting with my Nepali family made me all the more determined to come back as soon as time and money will allow it. I don't know how they do this emotionally - letting volunteers into their lives only to say goodbye again after a relatively short term, but hopefully they don't get equally attached to everyone who stays with them. That would just be too much in the long run.
Despite feeling sad to leave, I also do look forward to going home. I can't wait to see my husband tomorrow - It will be so amazing to be united again - Yes, baby, I'm coming home!!
And there are other things to look forward to; I'm going to enjoy a loooong, steaming, HOT shower and it will be so nice that I don't have to go outside to use the bathroom or when I brush my teeth. But I know these are all luxury things that I will get used to very fast and take for granted...

Goodbye Nepal, take good care of yourself till we meet again. 
All my love,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment